Institute of Management in Government (IMG) Thiruvananthapuram 360 Virtual Tour
Institute of Management in Government (IMG), is an autonomous body constituted under the auspices of the Government of Kerala to develop managerial skills, organizational ability, leadership qualities, and decision-making skills among different categories of employees in the Government, Private and Public Sectors. Designated as the Apex Training Institute for the State of Kerala, IMG is now entrusted with the responsibility of training Government Officials. This responsibility necessitates developing detailed training plans for various Government Departments, networking of training institutions, poling of faculty resources, up-gradation of facilities available in these institutions, etc. The Institute, located in the State Capital, Thiruvananthapuram has two regional centres, one at Kochi and another at Kozhikode.
Objectives of the Institute
1. To create awareness of the potentialities of modern management science as a major instrument for the development of the economic and social activities of the Government.
2. To develop managerial skills, organizational capability, leadership and decision-making ability, development planning and efficient implementation.
3. To carry on research, operational and policy, to evolve ideas and concepts appropriate to the nation and formulate policy alternatives.
4. To foster, assist and support individuals, organizations, and institutions indirectly for the use of management science and
5. To create social awareness and make it a genuine instrument for economic development and social change in the State as well as in the region.
Functioning of IMG
Apex Training Institute for the State of Kerala
Convener of the State Training Council with a mandate to coordinate, network and standardize training functions.
Monitor and supervise the delivery of various training Institutes under the State of Government.
Have linkages with national and international organizations including World Health Organization, United Nations Children’s Fund, United States Agency for International Development, United Nations Development Programme, Asian Development Bank and major Universities in research, training, and consultancy.
Provides advisory functions for streamlining administration by undertaking policy research and studies.
Offers quality management and functional programs for middle-level and senior-level functionaries (including All India Services)
It offers various training programs targeted at different levels and for an array of departments.
Has a reputed track record for client orientation in providing handholding support for Government Departments in post-training and post-consultancy scenarios.
Nodal Agency in preparation of citizen charter for all departments except Local Self Government.
The nodal agency for capacity building in the Right to Information Act, 2005.
Secretariat for conferring the e-Governance award for the Government of Kerala.